Thursday, February 9, 2012

Last Year

At this time last year, I was readying for a 10 day visit to Kentucky.  In an earlier post I talked about my first trip to Kentucky - to work at the Galilean Children's Home.  Last year, I went back to visit.  I saw old friends, made new ones and saw "my girl" Abigail again.  Just think, she's been at the home since her birth, but should go home with her mommy this Spring.  How wonderful for her!  I only wish I could see her again. :( 
I made two very good friends during my first stay - and was happy to see them again last year.  Angie is superviser at the Angel House, and Rachel was a volunteer.  I shared their room and we had a great time.  I worked while I was there - why go if you can't be a part of everything?  On our day off, we went to Mammoth Cave National Park.  That was so awesome!  Our tour guide kept us moving at a brisk pace, so I didn't get as many pictures as I would've liked, but here are some of the better ones.  A tripod would've been nice, but wouldn't you know I left it at home!

At the entrance (At Galilean Home dresses/skirts are required - so I brought no pants along. I had a little difficulty manuevering in a dress down in the cave!)

At the Mouth - a little blurry though it is!

Inside
Angie & I at the stairs - I need a tri-pod!
Rachel & I - this is known as Fat Man's Misery, and indeed it was on the tight side!

We stopped for pizza on the way home
Rachel & I just before I headed for the airport. She was raised Amish - we have such great times & interesting conversations!

I just found out last week that Rachel is coming out here to visit me!  I am so excited.  When we first met in 2009 we were both new Volunteers at the Home. She'd been there about a month before I came and she was so nice in helping me find my way around after I arrived. We have kept closely in touch since then.  Looking forward to her coming next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment