Thursday, June 13, 2013

Justin & Caitlan's Wedding Day





Finally - pictures from a recent wedding! (and again, blogger is having sizing & caption issues, so these are all small pictures.) It was beautiful - held at the Round Barn in Pond Creek. And although they'd planned an outdoor ceremony, the weather turned so cold & blustery it had to be moved inside! No matter, it looked good indoors too. We started with the bride & her mom preparing for the day.






I met Caitlan at the Bridal Fair this past February. We met up for coffee & to discuss details a little later in March. We chatted forever and really hit it off. I knew working with her & her family was going to be fun. When she was ready, we headed outside for the Bridal shoot. This couple had no attendants so that gave me plenty of time for focusing on these individuals. We got so many good shots - Caitlan, you're a natural!










This is one of my all-time favorites. just.perfect.

After half freezing the bride (it was in the 40's that day, and very blustery!), we took her inside to thaw out. :))  Then it was time for the groom. Justin is quiet & reserved - most of the time. I did see a funny, outgoing side of him come out later that day. He's also very rustic - likes farming. This location was perfect for him.




After both outdoor sessions, I took Justin upstairs and then went for Caitlan so we could photograph their first look. This one was great - I love both of these, but especially the one of Caitlan coming upstairs. Justin was fighting tears - so sweet.



Then it was on to the couple's shoot, and they were sooo great. It was, in reality, another exercise in trying not to freeze, but these guys really toughed it out. I was wearing a coat, all bundled up and I still got cold! And the results are stunning. You'd never know by their faces that it was so chilly!















The ceremony was sweet & simple. The decorations were stunning - mostly done by Caitlan's mom and her many Aunts. (There were a lot of them - can't even remember how many. Lots of Uncles too.) I'm pretty sure her mom did all the flowers. She had buckets full of all different kinds of flowers downstairs and she'd whip up a bouquet just like that. When I left later that night, she gave me one to take home. So beautiful. I enjoyed those flowers for the next two weeks.











 
(A big thanks to my second photographers Megan and Hogan. Megan did all the still life pictures you see here, plus some of the couple. Hogan helped run the photo booth - those pictures will be coming soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment