Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Photojournalism

I've always enjoyed photojournalism.  In fact, a picture that ran in our local paper (when I was 14) so gripped me that for the first time I realized how much a picture can say.  It's amazing: no words, no explanations, just one image doing all the talking.  A picture isn't just worth a thousand words, it can say a thousand words.  Over the years it's been a challenge I give myself: to make my pictures - at least certain ones - do a lot of talking.  Sometimes, it's staging something, sometimes it's just capturing what's already happening.  Whatever the case, it's fun to try to be fast, capturing the moment from the best angle, with the best lighting.  Sometimes you get that perfect image.  And let's be honest.... a lot of times it's time to try again!  But enough blogging, I'll let the pictures talk.  (Took these last summer)

No comments:

Post a Comment