Monday, January 23, 2012

Some Scenic Photography

This week is starting out well.  All is set for this weekend's Bridal Fair at the local mall.  I am really excited about this - so many new things to offer my customers this year!  Also, the fair is shorter this year which I think is a good thing. It seemed to drag after the first three hours with everyone waiting around with little to do before the fashion show.  Now, it's just 3 hours long - we'll see how it works, but I think it will be a perfect fit.  My ad came out in the paper yesterday and I was very pleased.  So, we're doing well heading into the new year.

I've pulled out some landscape pictures (sprinkled in amidst people & vacation pictures) to post here.  I usually don't pursue landscapes too much - I'd so rather have a model between my camera and the background. :)  However, when we take vacations, we usually go to someplace scenic and I try to shoot a few.  These pictures are from 2008 when we spent nearly two weeks in Eminence Missouri and the Ozark National Scenic Riverways. We love National Parks and all things outdoors.

Baby sister Amelia (not yet 2) tries to coax a horse over to her side. She is an animal lover!

We love canoing! This is my only picture of the actual trip because I was not about to take my expensive camera onto the river. We started out in the morning -around 9:00- myself & 8 of my siblings - in 3 canoes, sometimes racing, sometimes resting, sometimes swimming. It was one of the best trips ever! We stopped at noon for lunch (my parents & youngest sibs met us at a riverside park).  Then we spent the rest of the afternoon canoing down the river back to our cabin.

Next day we went hiking in the national forest and went to see several Natural Springs in the area.  This next picture is totally unedited - and just look at the blueness of the water! Never seen anything like it.


Bridge over Big Spring
Hiking up to the top of the falls

Another day we went to Alley Spring Mill in the National Park.  So peaceful....

My sis gets pictures of the young ones

The Mill


Me and my sister

Another Spring - Blue Spring to be exact - even though they're all Blue!

We also went to Wilson's Creek National Battlefield.
This house was used to take care of the wounded.


We finished our trip with a stop at the Laura Ingalls Wilder home.


     It was a great vacation - we loved every minute.  Perhaps we'll make it back some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment