Friday, November 18, 2011

The Blue Whale of Catoosa

The Blue Whale is located along historic Route 66 and even though it's in my home state, I'd never been there until recently.  It used to be a popular swimming hole before they closed it due to health concerns. It is quite a tourist draw.  While there only about 30 minutes, I was asked to take pictures for a group of people who spoke with thick foreign accents.  Another person said he'd driven all the way from Memphis just to see it!  Besides being a really interesting piece of architecture, it is an excellent photo shoot location.  My littlest sister had a blast playing there and didn't want to leave when it was time to go.  I got some adorable shots of her (and my other sisters too)......




As we walked along this path, my sister said the loves "the woods"

No comments:

Post a Comment