Wednesday, March 6, 2013

From my travels....

On my trip to Pennsylvania I had a layover at Chicago O'Hare.  I was thankful it was a long layover so that I'd have time to find my next gate without running.  I didn't know how grateful I should be. I think I walked nearly the entire place before I arrived at my gate - but I took my time & enjoyed the scenery. I also bought an awesome smoothie for breakfast. Stopped in Chicago on my return home too, but with a much shorter layover. Upon landing, I prepared myself to run like mad in order to catch my connection, but this time my gate was just around the corner from where I got off.  Praise the Lord!





Took time to read about Edward "Butch" O'Hare for whom the airport is named. He was a WWII Navy Pilot who received the Medal of Honor for action in 1942. In 1943 his plane was shot down & he lost his life. This plane on display is a Wildcat - restored to look the same as the one he flew.

No comments:

Post a Comment