Wednesday, November 14, 2012

A Volcano

After leaving Black Mesa and the panhandle of Oklahoma, we headed South-West into New Mexico. We had planned to stop for a picnic lunch that day, but the weather prevented. It was bitterly cold & windy. We had wanted to stop at the Capulin Volcano for lunch, but our hosts at the Bed & Breakfast told us it wouldn't be too safe to try & get to the top in all that wind. We knew the picnic was out anyway, so we passed it on by without stopping.
I did get some pictures of it however - from the car window.  I let the foreground blur by panning as we drove. You will notice it most in the last picture - I sort of played with it 'til I got what I wanted.





Later, when driving through Colorado on I-25, I took a few more from the car windows. Stunning views, but you know, a camera really can't quite capture everything I want sometimes.  These really don't do the view justice.

That's our van & trailer up ahead - really slowed us down sometimes!


No comments:

Post a Comment