Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Day I Needed a Reflector

What a busy week! Of course, it always seems to be a busy week around here. ;)  Last week Amelia's hair looked so adorable - I kept telling her so all day long. It was one of those days when it layed just right and her bow was so cute.  In the late afternoon she was outside with the sun at just the right angle to highlight her hair. I quickly ran inside and grabbed my camera. My only disappointment with the whole venture was that I did not have my reflector with me!  It was back at my house. <so frustrating>  But, even without it the pics turned out pretty cute.

I started by positioning her with the sun hitting her
at an angle to create rembrandt lighting


(She told me that she was "talking to the birds" with this whistle)

I later turned her back to the light, creating that beautiful rim light on her hair that we all love!  This is where my reflector would've come in handy.  I used my flash to get the catch lights in her eyes, but I had to raise my f/stop to do so. If I'd had a reflector, I could've created great catchlights while at the same time keeping my f/stop as low as possible and blurring my background even more.

Love this shot!


My adoreable little sister..... so glad she's mine!


1 comment: