Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Resurrection Day

Easter morning began with services at our little country church. We so enjoy the fellowship of our church and services were wonderful.  I took these pictures of my littlest siblings after service - aren't they adorble? (Sorry, I'm just a little biased!)








And then I had to take some of Laura & Amelia. They looked so cute and their outfits "matched". (No, that wasn't planned :) Hard to believe Laura is nearly 21 - I remember well the days when she was Amelia's age!




 Laura then turned the camera on myself and Amelia.  It was a normal windy day in Oklahoma, as I'm sure you can tell from my hair in these pictures.


Our good friends (and members of our church) asked us out to their farm and we spent the whole day there. We ate a great meal & visited.  The kids got to see the newest addition (a calf name Hope) and rode the horses.  They also played with the numerous dogs & cats and had an Easter Egg Hunt with Abby & Sarah.
Amelia had the cutest little Easter chicks shirt - only she fell in a mud puddle and was quite a mess! Abby graciously lent her this shirt to wear, which was a little big, but very much appreciated!




My brothers love hunting and guns.  They brought theirs along & had a shoot-em-up with our hosts, or whatever it is they do with guns - target practice?  Anyway, something that made for a lot of noise behind the house!


Laura loves guns too.  Or as our host put it "she's a pistol-packin' Mama!"  She joined in the fun of shooting, while the rest of us went inside to give our ears a rest.
Notice all the shell casings - LOTS of shooting going on


We had a wonderful day at church & with friends.  We so enjoyed the relaxation of the country. And a few great picture opportunities too ;)

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a FUN day! you and your siblings are Very Pretty/Handsome! :) I loved reading about your day and seeing all of the awesome photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words! I have enjoyed "meeting" your family through your blog archives. And your blog name is so funny, perfectly matches your family. I can so relate to many of your posts, being 2nd in a homeschooling family of 13 kids... it's all so familiar. :)

    ReplyDelete