Thursday, February 25, 2016

Inspiration: What drives good photography





“You don't make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved.”





Me at age 3
Inspiration fuels creativity. We gain inspiration in so many ways. From different places, people and things. I remember as a young girl this being my favorite portrait. My mom always had portraits made each year (sometimes more than once a year) so there were plenty to pick from, but something about this one grabbed my imagination. I don't remember the day it was taken, but I remember being quite young and looking at it in my mom's "Brag Book".  Now, I can tell you that I love the composition, the lighting, the placement, the expression, the use of the mirror (which I now often incorporate into my own images). Back then, I couldn't tell you why I liked it - I just knew that I did. Inspiration.



No comments:

Post a Comment