Monday, May 8, 2017

36 Days: Returning to the Land that Captured Me


     A couple of weeks ago, I stood amongst hundreds of people being sent to the nations. Glancing down at the sign in my hands I see the word "Ecuador" written across the front. And in that moment reality hit: I'm actually going back! Yes, I've known for weeks.... actually months. Yes, I've worked countless hours in preparation, held private happy dances as details came together, and felt the thrill and excitement of anticipation, but on this day, it really set in.
     It's funny how in a moment like that numerous emotions can rush through your being in a flash. All at once I wanted to cry in thankfulness and jump up & down in excitement. I felt fully prepared and yet wholly unworthy. I had a new feeling of awe while still experiencing the knowledge that this was nothing new. And in the midst of hundreds of people, I knew that God was looking right at me and delighting to fulfill my deepest desires.

PC: Meagan Wanschura

     In just 7 weeks, I will return to Ecuador. To the land that captivated me with their warmth, their openness, their love and their embraces. We will work with new people and old friends. We will travel to new places and see familiar sites. We will tell the old, old story. I am humbled that He counts me worthy.
PC: Meagan Wanschura
     Our schedule includes working at an orphanage, painting murals, service at a homeless shelter & soup kitchen, as well as manual labor jobs and kids ministry. After serving for 3 weeks with my team, they will return home and I will stay (along with my sister) to work for another week with Global Encounters. I am excited to see what the Lord will do!

     As always, we earnestly covet your prayers. I am also raising support for both teams I will be working with, so if you feel led to give, either follow this link: https://globalencounter.com/donate/ or send me an email. Thank-you all for your love and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment