Thursday, May 8, 2014

Spring & Redbuds

 
 
     One of the hallmarks of spring (in my mind, at least) is the Redbud tree. It is one of the first to bloom in spring - showing us with it's brilliant hues that winter is finally coming to an end.  In past years, I have taken pictures of a fully-bloomed redbud with inches of snow covering it's limbs. Such is the fate of a tree that blooms so early in the year. :) 
     We have a large Redbud in our front yard. We planted it 15 or 16 years ago to match one on the other side of the yard.  However, that one was so old that it fell onto our porch in a storm not long after we planted the new one. We were so sorry to lose our old tree!
      Every year I watch as buds begin to appear. It excites me every time. Again this year, our tree was gogeous. I took my little sister out and used it as a backdrop. Redbuds just make everything better. :) 
 













No comments:

Post a Comment