Friday, March 14, 2014

We did it!



Dear Family & Friends,
The last four days were quite the ride, but we did win the photo contest - securing a $300 scholarship towards my mission trip to Ecuador. Thank-you all so much! I never wanted to be a politician, and now I know for sure I don't. Pushing for all those votes is hard work. :) I am so thankful to have the extra amount for my trip, but mostly my heart is warmed by the love expressed by all of you through your tireless efforts on my behalf.
Staff and volunteers at Voice of the Martyrs took time out of their busy day to vote for me (my sister Caroline is volunteering there right now). Countless people solicited friends to vote through facebook & email. Two different people in two different states walked around the ball games they were attending asking friends and strangers alike to vote for me. My aunt walked the neighborhoods of Conway, Arkansas getting as many votes as she could. My brother got votes from our local YMCA where he is head swim coach. My parents spent lots of time on the phone & in person talking to people & giving out info. The girls that I disciple at church got votes from their friends at school. I could go on and on. I am sure there are many stories I don't even know yet. So many of you helped, and I am so thankful.
Many have asked and I wanted to let you know the results. And also how very blessed we are to have friends and family like you. I know God is going to do great things in Ecuador and you are all going to be a part of that.
Love and blessings,
~Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment